My thoughts about Lifelong Learning...
After viewing the tutorial on the Seven Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, I found myself thinking about the habit that is most difficult for me. That would have to be Habit #3 View Problems as Challenges. In all my 38 long years, I have not yet learned how to view "every obstacle as a learning opportunity." I would love to be able to do this, as I am sure it would save me a lot of stress and maybe postpone some of my premature graying hair.
The habit that is easiest for me practice is #6 Use Technology to Your Advantage. I love using technology, it makes our lives so much easier (when it works). Audio books, online tutorials, informational videos - to me these are great gifts for a lifelong learner to take advantage of!
Setting up this blog was relatively easy and I enjoyed doing it. The part that was hardest for me was getting my Mac in class to cooperate! I am used to working on a PC so the Mac offered some new challenges (see habit #3 above). At times I did become rather frustrated. But since I am working on turning obstacles into learning opportunities, and I did say I love using technology (habit #6) I had better get used to working with Macs. After all, like Dr. Sigears said, "Macs never get viruses." And that is definitely a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment