- Write a blog post about your experience that addresses these questions. Why is it important that educators understand social networking? What new insights did you gain about Twitter? What did you like or dislike about your hashtag search? Can you see a classroom or school application for any of these sites?
Before this "Thing" I never used Twitter, it just seemed unnecessary for me because I am already on Facebook to keep in contact with friends and family. I think I'll keep my account open after this semester at APSU and the "Things" blog are over. I can use it to search for teaching resources and support.
It is important for teachers to understand social networking because the majority of our students are on different social networking sites. I am sure they are all on ones I haven't heard of yet. I know once adults are on a social networking site, all the kids leave it because they don't want to be where the "olds" are!
I can see the benefits of social networking for teachers and schools. It's a great way to keep students, parents, and teachers informed and on the same page. I might use this account to post homework and class assignment reminders for my students if enough of them are on Twitter and my school allows me to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment