Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thing #23 Creative Commons

  • Find an example or attribution that shows the Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers blog was based on someone else's work and modified from its original.
  • Now that you know about Creative Commons licensing, how will you use it in the future as a teacher?
One example I found which states that the Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers blog is based upon another's work and has been modified from the original is in the credits listed on a sidebar on the front page of the blog:
Credits
Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers is based on Learning 2.0 - 23 Things, a staff development program for the Mesquite Independent School District. That program was based on the Learning 2.0 program that was designed by Helene Blowers and adapted by the California School Library Association and others. Content and style for Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers has been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License.

Now that I know about Creative Commons licensing, I might use the CC site to find lesson plans and ideas that I can modify to fit my own classroom projects. I will also be sure to introduce my students to CC so that they are aware of what constitutes plagiarism and how they can avoid it. High school students especially need to know what they can and cannot use when completing school assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment