Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thing #22 Keepin' it Together: Livebinders



Key Code: BrightBinder 

The titles of my three binders are: U.S. History: The Civil Rights Movement, U.S. History: The Progressive Era, and American Government. The one I chose to embed is the Civil Rights Movement binder. It includes an introduction to the movement, a video excerpt of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, a timeline of events, information about activists, and a few lesson plans. 
This "thing" was somewhat difficult for me to put together. The LiveBinders website directions seemed "clunky" to me and I don't really like the binders' appearance. It might be because I am a binder novice, but I just couldn't get the finished product to look polished. 
A possible classroom use for students could be a "Get to Know Me" LiveBinder. Each student would create a binder and add websites and links to YouTube videos about topics that he or she enjoys. The binders would tell a short story about each student's life. This would be a fun project to do during the beginning of the school year as a way for students to introduce themselves to me and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment