Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thing #12 Google is Not Just for Searching Anymore

Google is a great multifaceted web tool. I use Google maps all the time, I have alerts set up that go directly to my email, and I use Google calendar. I also regularly use Google Scholar when doing research for grad school. So pretty much Google helps me run my life! I have also used Google translate on occasion to help me with articles written in languages other than English.

For this post I created an alert for educational technology. I think Google tools are great for students and teachers. Students benefit tremendously from all the articles and books that can be found on Google Scholar, and Google calendar is a terrific tool to help organize assignments by due dates.

Teachers can use Google Earth in the classroom, it has many lesson plans available that correspond to different locations all around the world. It is truly amazing! I know I will be using the various Google tools when I have my own classroom. It is too difficult to choose only two as the directions for this post specified. I am already a Google devotee!

No comments:

Post a Comment