Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thing #14 Go with the Flow


After exploring the differences between mind maps and flowcharts, I realized that I prefer flowcharts over mind maps. The reason for this is because mind maps are a little too chaotic for me. I prefer information to be arranged in a linear concept that is easy to understand and follow. I played around on the mind map site Bubbl.us, but I did not create a map that was suitable to display here on my blog. However, I did make a very basic flowchart in Gliffy that shows three Civil Rights Activists and one brief, but major accomplishment of theirs: 
 

I will definitely use flow charts in my future classroom, especially since historical concepts and events are easier for students to understand when flowcharts and time lines are used. I would also encourage my students to use mind maps when they are brain storming ideas for essays and class projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment