Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thing #17 Tagging and Social Bookmarking with Delicious

  • Can you see the potential of this tool in the classroom? Or just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere? How can teachers take advantage of social bookmarking sites?

I explored Digg, StumbleUpon, and Delicious. All the social bookmarking sites are easy to use. I can see myself using Delicious to tag and find information about lessons and educational topics that interest teachers. As a new teacher I know I will gladly use all the help at finding resources that I can get!
I don't know whether I would use it in the classroom or not. I might because many students are probably already familiar with Delicious and the other social bookmarking sites. I am sure it would be a helpful tool for students to use when doing a webquest assignment or other online research. The tags would help point them in the right direction so they are not lost in all the information that is available on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment